- Our paper, The use of sun elevation angle for stereogrammetric boreal forest height in open canopies, has been published in Remote Sensing of Environment.
- Along with a string of excellent talks from Day 3 of SonicActs 2017, my presentation, "By Any Lens Necessary: A Satellite Image Account of Conflict," is now available under Presentations.
- I'm presenting a short talk on ethics of drone warfare at the 2017 Harvard Center for Geographic Analysis (CGA) Conference: The Drone Revolution in Spatial Analysis later this month. Video here.
- My presentation for the 2017 NASA Land Cover-Land Use Change webinar series on terrain correction techniques for improved monitoring of forest cover dynamics in Nepal is now available.
- Video of my talk, "Conflict Ecology: Large Volume Geospatial Accounts of Violent Conflict," as part of the OSU Research Computing Seminar series is now available under Presentations.
- Our paper on multi-sensor time series disturbance analysis in Colombia has been published in Remote Sensing.
- We've been awarded funding from the National Science Foundation's Socio-Environmental Synthesis Center (SESYNC) for our project, "Expanding access to data-intensive remote sensing algorithms through collaboration with the SES research community." In short --> we want to decentralize and democratize technical RS analytical and time series algorithms to the masses.
- I'm presenting at the OSU Research Computing Seminar on March 10th: Conflict Ecology: Large Volume Geospatial Accounts of Violent Conflict
- I'm speaking at SonicActs in Amsterdam in late February on research that graduate students in my Geography 599 - Experimental Satellite Image Analysis course and I carried out in 2016 -- mapping the enviro-climatic conditions and spatial typology of 922 refugee camps spanning 60 countries.
- I will be presenting at SatSummit in Washington, DC, on January 31, 2017. My talk will focus on mapping urban damage in Aleppo over the last 5 years.
- Presenting work on cloud-based large-scale satellite image processing to the Oregon State Univ. Spatial Data Management Group on Jan 19th.